Theatres

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Theatres

Equivalent terms

Theatres

Associated terms

Theatres

31 Archival description results for Theatres

31 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Beacon (formerly Pantages) Theatre, 20 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia

Photograph depicts the former Pantages Theatre, now the Beacon Theatre at 20 W Hastings. It then became the Majestic, and after that, finally, the Hastings Odeon.

Exterior angled side shot of four story, neoclassical building; vertical sign reads "BEACON"; marquee reads "THREE WISE GIRLS"; sign on right of building reads "PRICES 25 15 10 TALKING PICTURES"; Army and Navy building partially visible to right of theatre.

Crowd outside Queen Elizabeth Theatre

Photograph depicts a crowd gathered in front of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.

Sidewalk and outdoor patio with umbrellas and shell chairs in foreground of image; three storey building with window facade and taller extension in read in middle of image; main Vancouver post office in left background of image.

Exterior of the Plaza Theatre, 881 Granville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia

Photograph depicts the Plaza Theatre at 881 Granville St, Vancouver, British Columbia. The Plaza Theatre was originally opened as the Maple Leaf Theatre in 1924 and became the Plaza Theatre in 1939. Seating 925, it became The Odeon in 1966. Closed in 1991, The Odeon reopened in 1997, only to close again a year later. In 1999, retaining it's original marquee, the The Odeon became the Plaza Club, a nightclub/live performance space.

Side shot of art modern style, two story building; marquee sign reads "DEBORAH KERR I SEE A DARK STRANGER", "PLAZA THEATRE"; man in overcoat and fedora in front of box office; pedestrians walking in front of hotel beside the theatre.

Foyer, Orpheum Theatre, 601 Smithe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia

Photograph depicts the foyer of the Orpheum Theatre. The Orpheum Theatre was built in 1929 by the Orpheum vaudeville circuit and showed mainly movies until the 1970s. In 1974, it was purchased by the City of Vancouver, underwent extensive renovations and was reopened in 1977 as the home of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.

Obscured chandelier in middle of image; Spanish Baroque architectural detailing on walls, ceiling, staircases and archways; street entrance/exit in bottom middle of image.

Results 1 to 10 of 31