Photograph depicts a sermon being delivered at the Anglican Theological College of B.C. chapel at the University of British Columbia.
Group of twelve young men with their backs to the camera, seated in hard looking wooden chairs; young man in pulpit wearing a white robe and minister's collar, presumably delivering a sermon; simple altar with two vases flanking a Calvary cross; curtain hung behind altar; pebbled glass windows on left side of minister.
Photograph depicts the cafeteria at the Anglican Theological College of B.C. at the University of British Columbia.
Men sitting at three tabled with white tablecloths and wooden chairs; wrought iron pendant lighting fixtures hanging from ceiling; piano in middle right of image; older man wearing minister's collar in far left of image.
Photograph depicts the Lion's Gate Bridge as seen from underneath the Brockton Point Lighthouse. Construction on the Lion's Gate Bridge started in 1937, partly in an effort to create jobs during the Great Depression. Construction also started in part because of the influence of the wealthy Guinness family who owned a great portion of the British Properties in West Vancouver. They wanted a bridge connecting West Vancouver to the city of Vancouver to increase the value of their properties. The bridge was complete in 1938 and officially dedicated in 1939 by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
Man seen through archway, leaning against metal guardrail, looking into distance; Lion's Gate Bridge visible in background.