Photograph depicts Mayor Taylor of Vancouver (right) making a presentation to a performer at Orpheum Theatre. The Orpheum Theatre was built in 1927 by the Orpheum vaudeville circuit and showed mainly movies until the 1970s. In 1974, it was purchased by the City of Vancouver, underwent extensive renovations and was reopened in 1977 as the home of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Two men, one in a dark suit, the other in a light suit (Mayor Louis D. Taylor), on stage shaking hands in right of image; crowd gathered backstage, behind curtain; audience and orchestra conductor in left of image; ornate Spanish Baroque detailing on interior of theatre; handwriting over stage which reads "[Presentation] of [L?] Pass to Orpheum Theatre".